Having free-moving limbs and an understanding of trunk stability is key to communicating what you want from your horse; Learn how to use your seat, arm and leg aids effectively, so your horse is more confident in your ability.
Out of Your Saddle:
- The Off Your Saddle: Equestrian workshop will be beneficial to any rider who would like to improve their flexibility, their balance and optimal riding experience (the foundation of Pilates for riders)
- Teach your horse to respond more easily to commands, with improved awareness of your posture.
- This workshop will provide you with exercises to help improve communication between you and your horse.
- Having free-moving limbs and an understanding of trunk stability is key to communicating what you want from your horse; Pilates can teach you how to use your seat, arm and leg aids effectively and gain a deepened and trusting relationship so your horse is more confident in your ability.
- Gift vouchers are available to purchase and use towards this course.
- Understand what Pilates is and how it can be useful for riders both in and out of the saddle – the elegance of Dressage, with the endurance of a Steeple Chaser!
- Learn how to begin your journey of effortless elegance; Learn exercises to improve flexibility, strength and balance
- Understand why a strong and supple body is important to horse riding
- Be able to follow an exercise routine safely that will enable you achieve a more stable seat, Improve postural asymmetries; these can have profound affect in the saddle
- Learn the exercises that will aid deeper hip mobility, including flexion; making getting on and off from the floor more achievable!
- Learn techniques to deepen your seat; how not to collapse and bounce in the saddle is a skill that can always be improved! Understand how to absorb a horses movement, allowing for fluid motion with your horse will increase comfort in the saddle
- Improve effective communication with your horse
Understand how to modify the exercises , if required
- Venue facilities and use of equipment for practical session
- 2 hours of highly qualified teaching (including short break)
- Current & relevant presentation
- Exercises and new skills you can take away with you on the day
- Course notes
Advance Payment received in full to reserve your space. Please book via our timetable. 50% refund if cancelled within 7 days of the workshop. No refunds for cancellation within 7 days of workshop